Insta

Public Transport in Daejeon, Korea

These days I've been learning how to take the public transport alone. It's been something I've dreaded for almost two years each time I visit him in Korea. Public transport in Korea is efficient (at least in Seoul and Daejeon), BUT what I do not enjoy is the travel experience - ahjummas pushing and shoving their way, non-existence of a queue, unruly commuters rushing for seats etc. As a Singaporean, I've seen a lot of ungracious people - I admit that I do brisk walk a little to get seats sometimes - but Koreans (sometimes) bring it to a whole new level. Just sometimes, because I've met nice Koreans who bother to queue up or say excuse me when passing through too. But some don't seem to understand the concept of intruding into a stranger's personal space. Sure, I know.. there are unruly commuters everywhere around the world. 

So these days while riding the subway, I started to wonder if this is the kind of life I want to live, and the kind of society I want my kids to grow up in. I cannot imagine taking the public transport on a daily basis. Then I think about how I get to pursue hobbies and do things that I enjoy without having to work after I get married, and conclude that this relationship is still worth holding on to. Haha I'm just kidding! I believe whatever society or culture it is, the important thing is that my child be raised in a loving environment, and an environment with the right values and morals.

Anyway, 
This is my second time celebrating a birthday with their family. It was kimchi boy's father's 59th birthday a few days ago and once again, we had a whole table of Korean food and cake!



Comments

  1. Hi Deborah,
    Are you living in Daejeon permanently now?
    My boyfriend is from Daejeon too and I am a Singaporean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deborah,
    Are you living in Daejeon permanently?
    My boyfriend is from Daejeon too.
    Thanks
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyssa, We are currently both in Singapore. Can we talk on kakao :) Please add me: deborahcheok

      Delete

Post a Comment

Ask me anything :)